SERVICES OFFERED BY THE DOSH
- Carry out inspection and examination of industrial Plants and equipment in workplaces;
- Approval of architectural Plans for new workplaces and alteration of existing workplaces;
- Participation in the development of Safety Standards under the Standards Act.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of standards for machinery safety, Plant,
equipment, electrical installations together with those of building operations and works of
- Advise employers and employees on ergonomic standards for all work places;
- Analysis of accidents related to machinery equipment and processes for purposes of
developing intervention measures.
Occupational Hygiene Division
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend standards for the control of harmful agents in the work
- Recommend threshold limit values and occupational exposure limits on harmful substances
in the workplace.
- Advise employers and employees on control of occupational hazards at the workplace.
- To test the efficiency and effectiveness of personal protective equipment and prescribe
specific standards for specific processes.
- To evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the design and installation of engineering
control measures with regard to occupational hazards for compliance with established
Occupational Health Division
- To carry out medical inspections of workers to determine the effect of the work
environment on their health;
- To conduct epidemiological surveillance of occupational diseases in the working
- To re-evaluate decisions on cases of occupational diseases and occupational accidents for
compensation under Work Injury Benefits Act.
- To formulate systems and policies to integrate occupational health services into national
health care system.
- The Work Injury Benefits Administration Division.
- Processing of work injury benefits for all workers including civil servants who are injured
while on duty.
- Collect, collate and analyse data on accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences at workplace.
- Provide professional guidance in the investigations / Inquiry of work injury benefit claims which require further investigation.
Occupational Safety and Health Institute
- To develop training programmes and conduct occupational Safety and Health Training.
- To conduct occupational and coordinate research and surveys on occupational safety and
- Training and sensitization of employers and employees in the field of occupational safety
and health and work injury benefits compensation procedures.
- Carrying out surveys and research on work related injury and work injury compensation
- Administration, Training and Information Division.
- Overall coordination of the implementation of the Strategic Plan 2013-2017 and the
departmental work plans.
- Co-ordinate the development and dissemination of safety and health information
- Administer of the Occupational Safety and Health Fund.
- Carry out training needs assessment, develop and co-ordinate training and welfare,
programmes for staff in the Directorate.
The Field Services Division
- Inspect workplaces on occupational safety and health standards in accordance with OSHA,
- Carry out hygiene surveys in workplaces to determine and control their Indoor Air Quality
and/or Noise levels;
- Conduct investigations of occupational injuries occurring in all work places;
- Conduct training programmes in safety and health of employees.
- Conduct legal proceedings against non- complying occupiers.
- Monitor the activities of DOSHS approved persons and institutions.
PHYSICAL LOCATION/CONTACT ADDRESS/TELEPHONE/EMAIL ADDRESS
Safety House, Commercial Street, Industrial Area, NAIROBI
P. O. Box 34120 – 00100, NAIROBI
Tel: +254 20 2667722, 0775833676/5, 0791571344
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org